Do you prefer to build things for your house all by yourself? Do you live by the satisfaction you get when you successfully construct a table from scratch? If you are such a soul, you need to have a miter saw in your house.
Unlike a large chop saw, a miter saw allows you to cut wood both into half and in various angles. Such precision in wood cutting is what you need if you want your end product to look like a piece of art. However, choosing the best miter saw is not as simple.
How to choose the best miter saw
- Choosing the perfect product requires knowledge about the various types of miter saw available on the market. There are three types of saws, primary, compound and sliding compound miter saw.
- While the basic miter saw is affordable, it can only be used for limited cuts. A compound miter saw allows you to make both miter and bevel cuts and can be divided into single bevel and double angle models. Such models differ in the direction of cut they can perform. Sliding compound miter saw, on the other hand, are expensive but offer the greatest cutting capacity.
- You need to make sure that the product you choose has a rigid saw so as to ensure durability and stability when cutting. Moreover, a compact miter saw should be given preference since such tools are easy to store and transport.
- All in all, you need to analyze the extent of your use and choose a type of miter saw which is a perfect fit for you.
Top 4 Best Miter Saws of 2017
We are here to help you make the decision of choosing the best miter saw 2017 has to offer. Here are four products we think will prove to be satisfactory.
(1) Makita LS1214F Compound Miter Saw
Makita LS1214F is considered to be the best dual bevel sliding miter saw. It has been well received by users who have lauded it for its high-quality features.
- It features a fluorescent light which enhances visibility and allows you to make the perfect cut. This 12" miter saw consists of a saw, blade, triangular rule, extension wings and a vertical vise.
- Moreover, the base of the product is made from aluminum which is known for its durability. The manufacturers of this product have kept in mind the safety of its users and have produced a product that starts softly so as to give users time to get used to the power of the 15 amp motor of the product.
- Furthermore, this miter saw includes a scale which is easy to read and has over nine stops ranging from 0 to 45 degrees in both left and right directions. The weight of the product is around 52 pounds, which is ideal to use if you don't plan on transporting the tool from one place to another.
- High quality and precise cutting ability
- Scale of the miter saw is easy to read
- Excellent cutting capacity
- Inbuilt dust collection system
- Built-in fluorescent light
- A little physical exertion to set the bevel angle
- Users have suggested that the manufacturers should place the bevel upfront in the next installation of this product.
Bosch 5412L Dual Bevel Miter Saw
A smooth cutting experience marks the Bosch 5412L via the inclusion of a powerful motor, which makes cutting through the materials seem like a piece of cake.
- This 12" dual bevel miter saw features a laser tracking technology, which improves the visibility of the cutting line, thereby making sure that you make the perfect cut.
- This product ensures that you are provided with a result which is as good as if done by a professional. Such a characteristic is provided by the addition of upfront controls which add to its convenience and accuracy. Such controls are easy to reach and, therefore, allow you to make adjustments without going through the hassle of trying to reach the back of the saw when operating the tool.
- If you wish for a rigid saw, the Bosch 5412L with its 52-pound weight is what you need. The product also includes a motor with 15-amp power, which is enough to get even the hardest of jobs done. Moreover, to ensure that no harm is done, the product includes an electric brake which acts swiftly and stops the blade within a matter of seconds. Such a feature allows you to make small repetitive cuts with ease.
- High quality and precise cutting ability
- Includes a scale which is easy to read
- Easy usability and strategic placement
- Smooth ergonomics
- The assembly of the product is smooth
- Some users do believe that the bevel is hard to move and should be improved
- Some are also not fond of the blade. If you are one such user, you may refer to Bosch jigsaw blades chart for other kinds of blades
Chicago Electric 12" Double-Bevel Sliding Miter Saw
Available in harbor freight, this 12" miter saw by Chicago Electric is considered to be a packaged solution to all your construction problems. If you prefer having a large miter saw, this may be the best among the lot.
- This Chicago Electric 12" miter saw is equipped with a laser guide system to ensure that you make the precise cut you were planning on performing. This feature, in turn, guarantees that your work is not sloppy but as professional as possible.
- This tool is dual-bevel sliding compound in nature and includes a powerful motor featuring a power of 15 amps. The inclusion of dual linear slide rails not only enhances the stability of the product but also makes sure your cuts are as smooth as possible.
- The bevel can make 45 degrees cut both to the right and the left. The product can successfully make 3-1/2" by 13-3/8" deep cuts, thereby making this product an ideal choice if you wish to cut through thick pieces of wood.
- One of the major advantages offered by this product is its affordable price. If you are a novice, such a low-priced yet value-added product is what you need
- Its laser technology has been appreciated widely for the enhanced visibility that it provides. This feature enhances the value of the product
- Some users believe that the product is not durable. However, considering the low price of the product, it is a bargain worth making
DeWalt DWS780 12" Dual-Bevel Miter Saw
DeWalt is known to produce premium quality tools, and DWS780 also upholds this legacy by providing a miter saw which is marked by consistently excellent performance.
- While some may tell you that a 16" miter saw is the ideal size to have, we firmly believe that a 12" blade is compact enough for storage while being efficient enough to cut large materials swiftly.
- This product is accompanied with an LED light, which allows you to trace the precise marking you made while ensuring that you don't cut too deep. This tool gives you the option of performing vertical, horizontal, and nested crown cuts. Such versatility makes this one of the best miter saws of 2017.
- The product is equipped with a powerful motor and features a back fence design which can cut wood of 2" by 16" at a 9-degree angle. The stainless steel miter has adjustable plates which can make up to 10 stops which, in turn, enhances accuracy.
- The product's dust collection system has been lauded for being efficient and ensuring visibility when cutting materials. Unlike some of the products mentioned, this product is marked by the ease in operating the bevel
- However, this miter saw lacks a soft start option which means that the product may be hard to control initially. Once this flaw is dealt with, there is nothing to stop this tool from being the best
All of the products mentioned will provide you with a flawless and smooth cutting experience. Choose according to your needs and budget. Make a wise decision, and cut your way through to accomplishment.
If you have any questions in your mind, Please feel free to ask via comments.